Happy Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day is a time to celebrate love and spend quality hours with the people you care about the most. Whether you’re in a relationship or single, take some time today to appreciate those you love in your life.
Idea’s To Celebrate Valentines Day This Year
- Enjoy a tasty treat. There are plenty of options when it comes to cooking and/or baking on Valentine’s Day. Make your significant other his or her favorite meal or sweet treat, or make your own favorite dish to enjoy on this day. Oh, and be sure to make enough for leftovers!
- Make a personalized card. Instead of buying a card from the grocery store, take the time to make your own for a loved one. People love handwritten notes, especially when it’s from someone special. If you’re single this Valentine’s Day, make a card for fellow single friend to brighten the day and remind the person that he or she is also loved.
- Watch a movie. We all know there are plenty of romance movies out there. Put on your favorite romantic comedy, or pick up your significant other’s favorite movie to watch together. Even better, if you’re single, pick up your own favorite movies to watch to pass the time this Valentine’s Day.
- Do nothing! We all know Valentine’s Day can sometimes get a lot of hype. If you’re worried about not making a reservation in time, don’t feel like planning an extravagant night out, or simply not in the holiday mood this year, spend your day sitting back and relaxing.
From Hendersonville Family Dentistry, we wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Hendersonville Family Dentistry is beginning a Newsletter, our plan is to inform our patients about what is going in and around our office. We want to personally thank those who are constantly referring us new patients to our office. We are growing tremendously due to new patients; and our regular patients returning and sending us new patients as well. We love our patients and we want to ensure they get the best quality work we can give.
Also, in our newsletter we are want to inform our patients of the newest and latest products we will be offering in our office. You will be able to get to know our team a little bit better;by knowing where they graduated from school and what they enjoy doing when they aren’t at work. You will be informed of our plans on building out next door to our office, how awesome is that? The newsletter has been in the work’s for a little while, and before too long you will be able to receive it via email. Hendersonville Family Dentistry wants you to know we care a lot about our patients. (:
Martin Luther King Jr.
Martin Luther King Jr Day (officially birthday of Martin Luther King Jr.) is an American federal holiday marking the birthday of Martin Luther King Jr. It is observed on the third Monday of January each year, which is around King’s birthday, January 15. The holiday is similar to holidays set under the Uniform Monday Holiday Act.
King was the chief spokesman for nonviolent activism in the Civil Rights Movement, which successfully protested racial discrimination in federal and state law. The campaign for federal holiday in King’s honor began soon after his assassination in 1968. President Ronald Reagan signed the holiday into law in 1983, and it was first observed three years later. It was officially observed in all 50 states for the first time in 2000.
Hendersonville Dentist Open Today!
Although it is Martin Luther King Jr. Day our office is currently open. We are open for our normal office hours 8:00 am- 7:00 pm please call to schedule your appointment with us today. If you are unable to get in during the week please remember we are open every Saturday for your convenience.
Have A Baby That Is Teething?
Teething refers to the time when a child’s teeth begin to grow in and break through the gum line for the first time. This happens between 6 and 24 months of age and can be quite painful and aggravating for the child. During this time, children are drawn to putting things in their moth in an attempt to reduce the discomfort that comes from swollen and tender gums. Luckily, there are some ways you can help your child ease their teething pain.
Tips For Soothing A Teething Baby.
- Cold is King- A big part of why teething children feel discomfort is swollen gums. Cold compresses are great at reducing swelling, so have a stash of clean, moist washcloths in the fridge and use one to rub very gently along their gums or allow them to suck on it with supervision.
- Rub their Gums-Gentle pressure can provide some relief to sore oral tissues. Try running a clean, wet finger along the length of the child’s gums.
- Don’t forget about the drool- A side effect of teething is that the child will produce a lot of drool and often this will end up outside of their mouth. Dried drool can irritate the skin and cause it to dry out, creating another irritant for the child.
- Medical Solutions- There are many types of medications that come in liquid, gel, and pill form that provide relief from pain, specifically for babies. Before giving your child any type of medication, consult your healthcare professional for their advice as some medications may not be appropriate for your child.
- Never provide chilled sweets- Cold or frozen treats such as Popsicle’s, chilled juices, or any other sugar-filled snacks are not an appropriate choice for teething children. Yes they are cold but they may be too cold and could harm your child’s oral tissues.
- Never freeze teething toys- Putting teething rings, washcloths, and other teething aids in the fridge is a great way to give your child cooling relief, but putting them in the freezer get them too cold and too hard. Stick to keeping teething toys in the fridge for a safer chilled temperature.
- Never Use medication meant for anything other than teething children-There are medications safe for adults to use when treating pain but are very dangerous to children. Always consult your healthcare professional before giving your child medication or any kind, including homeopathic remedies.
What is Family Dentistry?
Family dentistry is a popular term in dentistry and is often mistaken for general dentistry. Actually, family dentistry is your one shop solution for all of your dental needs. Family dentists provide dental care to people of all ages. If you have children at home, then you can consider visiting a family dentist. Their expertise lies in providing the best solution for you and your family’s oral well-being. They understand the dental needs of children, adults, and the elderly very well.
Family Dentist Provide Services Such As:
- Gum Disease Treatments
- Filling of Cavity
- Fluoride Treatments
- Regular Cleanings ‘
- Dental Extractions
- Professional Teeth Whitening
- Wisdom Tooth removal
There are some great benefits of having a family dentist.For example there is no age criteria, it’s a one stop solution for all of your dental needs. We are open six days a week so there is 24/7 help available. Best of all you have a life long membership. There isn’t an reason to visit another dentist for any reason. Your child can be treated for their dental needs at the same place when they grow into adults. Your family’s record will be there and the quality of service will not be compromised. In a nutshell having a family dentist would be a great choice in several ways.
Reducing or Eliminating Bad Breath.
Nobody likes bad breath, and although it can sometimes be difficult to tell if you have it, it is always better to practice good oral health than risk having a smelly mouth. There are many ways to reduce or eliminate bad breath, some are definitely more effective and longer lasting than others.
Ways to Reduce Bad Breath
- Floss regularly- As difficult as it can be to remember to floss regularly, when it comes to bad breath, flossing is one of the easiest and most cost effective ways to freshen your mouth. By flossing you are reducing the plaque and bacteria found in areas of your mouth that a toothbrush simply can’t reach, and in return it rids your mouth of the smell associated with that bacteria.
- Use Mouthwash- Using some sort of mouthwash can really freshen up your breath, especially if you find it still smells after brushing and flossing.
- Always Brush After You Sleep- Whether after taking a nap, or having a full nights sleep, you will want to brush your teeth in order to reduce bad breath. The truth is, bacteria accumulates in your mouth while you are sleeping ( even during a short nap) and that is ultimately the source of bad breath.
There are many ways to freshen your breath beyond just using gum or mints, the above mentioned are just a few for you to try. Test them out and you will likely find your bad breath problem is solved, or at least considerably reduce.
October is Dental Hygiene Month.
October is a month for celebrating dental hygiene in the United States. The four components that make up complete oral hygiene are:
- sugar-free products
Facts, have shown us that good oral hygiene contributes to overall good health. Research has proven that gum disease can lead to a whole host of issues like heart disease, organ damage & diabetes.
Teeth must be brushed twice daily. Patients are given live examples of the best brushing techniques. All the teeth must be brushed twice daily. Are you flossing at least once a day? Studies show a very small percentage of people floss and they are mostly women.
Schedule Your Dental Checkup.
This is a great time to schedule a dental checkup. The mouth is the perfect entrance for harmful bacteria and there are so many ways to prevent damage that people just aren’t aware of. Want to know the secret to live out a long healthy life? BRUSH YOUR TEETH BRUSH YOUR TEETH and see a dentist at least twice a year! It’s that simple!
Gum Disease Is An Infection.
Gum disease is an infection of the tissues that surround and support your teeth. It’s a major cause of tooth loss in adults. Gum disease is usually painless, you may not know you have it. Also referred to as periodontal disease, gum disease is caused by plaque, the sticky film of bacteria that is constantly forming on our teeth.
Warning Signs That Can Signal A Problem
- gums that bleed
- red, swollen, tender gums
- gums that have pulled away from the teeth
- persistent bad breath or bad taste
- persistent teeth that are loose or separating
- any change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
- any change in the fit of partial dentures
Please see our team at Hendersonville Family Dentistry if you suspect you have gum disease because the sooner you treat it the better. The early stage of gum disease is called gingivitis. If you have gingivitis, your gums may become red, swollen and bleed easily.
Call our office to schedule your appointment 615-822-8262
Only Two Days Until Fall has Arrived
There are only a couple of days until Fall is officially here. In our recent post we wanted you to share with us some of your favorite summer memories you were able to make with your friends & family this summer. While it’s sad to see summer go, and with summer leaving means it gets darker early and the chilly weather will soon be arriving.
What are some things you are looking forward to doing this fall with your friends & family? For me personally I love going to all of the local farms to gather apples, and pumpkins, not to mention going to those frightening haunted houses. Last year I took my entire team to a farm where we participated in a Zombie hunt. We were able to sit on a wagon and shoot zombies and we are looking forward to going back this year.
What Are You Looking Forward to This Fall.
So we are asking you! What are you looking forward to doing this upcoming fall with your friends & family? I know lots of my staff have already been enjoying the pumpkin spice latte’s from Starbucks. Several have mentioned taking their little’s to pumpkin patches in and around the middle Tennessee area. Like I mentioned before most of my team will enjoy shooting Zombie’s this fall and attending a haunted house.
We need more suggestions though, so comment below what you favorite fall memories are!
What Was Your Favorite Part Of Summer 2016?
It’s the end of summer, and fall is just around the corner. Soon the temperatures will cool down, the leaves will start to change, and Dr. Harbin, Dr. Jones and our team at Hendersonville Family Dentistry are sure that you’ll soon be thinking about Halloween costumes, and Thanksgiving plan in no time. But wait! First, we want to know about your favorite parts of the summer! Did you go on a wonderful family trip? Did you pick up a new hobby or sport? Did you try to spend as much time outside and in the sun as possible?
Share your favorite memories, stories, or photo’s with us by leaving a comment below or on our Facebook page.
Hendersonville Family Dentistry’s Favorite Summer Memories.
Below are some of our team’s favorite memories this summer.
“I enjoyed going to CMA Fest”-Alyssa
“I bought a new home & love it”- Shawna
“We moved to White House & into our custom built home”-Tamera
“I enjoyed going to the lake with my family on my in-laws pontoon boat” -Alex
“We enjoyed swimming in our pool, blowing bubbles, and spending as much time outside with our family”-Molly
“Going to the beach with my family”-Liz
“I played a lot of golf”-Dr. Harbin.
“I enjoyed going to visit my family in West Virginia”-Dr. Jones
Don’t forget to share yours on our Facebook or Instagram pages.