Will My Child Catch Hand Foot & Mouth Disease.
Hand foot and mouth disease, or HFMD, is a type of contagious viral illness that causes rash in the mouth and on the hands and feet of infants and young children, and , while rare, adults. Characterized by sores in the mouth and a rash on the hands and feet, hand-foot-and-mouth disease is most commonly caused by a bacterium that lives in the human digestive tract. HFMD can spread from person to person, typically via unwashed hands.
How Can My Child Prevent HFMD
There is no known vaccine to defend our child against HFMD. However, the risk of your child contracting the disease can reduced by:
Making sure your child washes his or her hands often.
Throughly cleaning objects and surfaces.
Making sure your child avoids close contact with those who are infected.
To learn more about hand-foot-mouth disease or to schedule an appointment for your child, please give our office Hendersonville Family Dentistry a call.
How To Choose The Best Dentist?
In the Hendersonville area there are many qualified dentist to serve the city and it’s many neighborhood’s. With so many options to choose from, how do you choose the best dentist for your dental needs?
Tips For Choosing The Best Dentist For You.
- Set Priorities: What are your must-haves and what might you be willing to compromise on? Things to consider include:
Proximity: How far do you want to travel to see the dentist? Will you have to sit in traffic to get to and form?
Office Size: Large and small practices each have their benefits and drawbacks.
Dental History: Do you have a specific dental issue?
Scheduling: Find providers that meet your scheduled.
- Reviews Matter: Make sure to read online reviews for the dentists you are considering, but remember that they only tell part of the story.
- Insurance & Payment Options: Does the dentist you are thinking of choosing accept your dental insurance? This is also a good opportunity to ask about payment options.
- Try It Out: So you’ve done your research but are still torn between a few dentists? The best way to make a final decision is to contact each of them and set up an appointment. You have nothing to lose.
There are plenty of dentist to choose from. You only have one set of teeth so make sure that you do your diligence in finding the right one thats for you!
Fluoride Is Important At All Ages.
If you think that fluoride treatments are only important during adolescence, you are probably not alone. In the past, fluoride was used primarily to protect teeth during their initial eruption and development which is why you probably remember fluoride treatments when you visited the dentist as a child. However, fluoride is still important as we age and should not be forgotten about after the age of 18.
One reason that many patients stop receiving fluoride treatments as adults is because they are often no longer covered by their dental insurance companies. We have good news for you! Hendersonville Family Dentistry make fluoride affordable at the cost of only $20.00.
Dentist Discusses Importance of Fluoride.
To help you understand why fluoride is important at all ages, we have listed a variety of scenarios in which adult patients may benefit from regular fluoride treatments
- Do you experience sensitivity? Regular fluoride applications can help eliminate sensitivity.
- Do you have any crowns or bridges? Fluoride can help protect these restorations and eliminate decay around their margins.
- Do you struggle with tooth decay even though you brush and floss as instructed? You may be at an increased risk of decay and need additional protection for your tooth enamel.
- Do you take medications that cause dry mouth? Saliva helps clean your teeth naturally, but a decrease in saliva can increase your risk for tooth decay. Fluoride can help prevent against decay for patients experiencing in dry mouth.
- Do you have braces? Teeth can be harder to clean during orthodontic treatment, putting you at an increased risk of developing cavities. Fluoride can help strengthen your teeth and prevent decay with your braces.