Happy Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day is a time to celebrate love and spend quality hours with the people you care about the most. Whether you’re in a relationship or single, take some time today to appreciate those you love in your life.
Idea’s To Celebrate Valentines Day This Year
- Enjoy a tasty treat. There are plenty of options when it comes to cooking and/or baking on Valentine’s Day. Make your significant other his or her favorite meal or sweet treat, or make your own favorite dish to enjoy on this day. Oh, and be sure to make enough for leftovers!
- Make a personalized card. Instead of buying a card from the grocery store, take the time to make your own for a loved one. People love handwritten notes, especially when it’s from someone special. If you’re single this Valentine’s Day, make a card for fellow single friend to brighten the day and remind the person that he or she is also loved.
- Watch a movie. We all know there are plenty of romance movies out there. Put on your favorite romantic comedy, or pick up your significant other’s favorite movie to watch together. Even better, if you’re single, pick up your own favorite movies to watch to pass the time this Valentine’s Day.
- Do nothing! We all know Valentine’s Day can sometimes get a lot of hype. If you’re worried about not making a reservation in time, don’t feel like planning an extravagant night out, or simply not in the holiday mood this year, spend your day sitting back and relaxing.
From Hendersonville Family Dentistry, we wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Catching Cavities Early
Dental technology is continually evolving as better methods are sought for a variety of tasks. One of these recent developments is the Diagnodent, which finds cavities early in their development, helping dentist to save more of the decaying tooth using minimally invasive dental procedures. The Diagnodent finds cavities early enough to help prevent the need for invasive dental procedures such as root canals, and extractions. The benefits to the patients are enormous in scope, ranging from financial savings to relaxed visits.
Early Benefits of the Patients
Since many patients are afraid of the dentist or the dental chair in general, the fact that the Diagnodent finds cavities early is a true benefit. Not only do patients spend less time having the decay removed, but they also worry less since there’s no need for them to undergo root canals, dental crowns, or extractions. Of course, if a patient avoids going to the dentist for several years, the possibility of finding a large cavity does exist.
Are you wanting to find a Diagnodent provider? Look no further, Hendersonville Family Dentistry uses the Diagnodent at each visit for each of our patients, and no it doesn’t cost you extra! So call us today to schedule your appointment 615-822-8262
Many patients are under the impression that the harder brushing leads to cleaner teeth, but that’s not true. Gentle brushing is just as effective, and less likely to cause damage. Other good brushing habits include brushing your teeth at least twice a day, replacing your toothbrush after a few months, and brushing for at least two minutes each time. It can be tough to keep track of the time when you are aiming for two minutes but these tips can help.
Two Minutes Twice A Day
- Set a timer: Setting a timer is a sure-fire way to hit your two-minute goal on the dot. Leave a kitchen timer in your bathroom so that it is easy to set each time you start brushing your teeth. Hit each surface of all of your top and bottom teeth, and keep brushing until the timer rings. Many electric toothbrushes have a built in timer that you can use instead of a kitchen timer.
- Entertaining Yourself for Two Minutes: Time flies when you are having fun, and you can stay entertained as you brush your teeth for two minutes here are some idea’s.
Time your favorite song and sing it in your head as you brush your teeth.
Find a two minute video on the internet that you want to watch, and start it when you begin to brush your teeth.
Do squats in the bathroom as you brush. By the time you get to 20 squats, your two minutes should be over IF you do them slowly.
- Allow Children to use technology: Toothsavors is an app designed to inspire children to brush. A game to fight an evil sorceress who causes cavities. A real life reminder to brush two a day. A built in timer that helps kids brush for two minutes.