Why Do We Celebrate President’s Day?
George Washington’s Birthday is United States federal holiday that is celebrated the third Monday in February in honor of George Washington. He was the first president of the United States born on February 22, 1732.
Hendersonville Family Dentistry is Open
Today might be a holiday for some and students are out of school, but our office is open today. If you have been needing to get into our office for a dental cleaning, or dental work, or needing to get your child into our office today is the perfect day to do just that. We are accepting same day appointments so call today and schedule your appointment. Our office looks forward to seeing you soon!
Holiday Hours in Hendersonville, TN.
Christmas is a week from today! Are you getting excited? Have you finished your Christmas shopping? Everyone at work is getting excited about having some much needed time off to spend time with their friends & family! With that being said we want to inform you of our holiday hours.
We will be closed the following days:
Saturday-December 22, 2017
Monday -December 25, 2017
Tuesday-December 26, 2017.
Merry Christmas from Hendersonville Dentist
We hope that you enjoy your time with your friends and family this holiday season. We will resume normal office hours on Wednesday- December 27th at 8:00 am. If you are still needing to get into our office before the end of the year, please call and make your scheduled appointment. Appointments are going quickly!
How To Choose The Best Dentist?
In the Hendersonville area there are many qualified dentist to serve the city and it’s many neighborhood’s. With so many options to choose from, how do you choose the best dentist for your dental needs?
Tips For Choosing The Best Dentist For You.
- Set Priorities: What are your must-haves and what might you be willing to compromise on? Things to consider include:
Proximity: How far do you want to travel to see the dentist? Will you have to sit in traffic to get to and form?
Office Size: Large and small practices each have their benefits and drawbacks.
Dental History: Do you have a specific dental issue?
Scheduling: Find providers that meet your scheduled.
- Reviews Matter: Make sure to read online reviews for the dentists you are considering, but remember that they only tell part of the story.
- Insurance & Payment Options: Does the dentist you are thinking of choosing accept your dental insurance? This is also a good opportunity to ask about payment options.
- Try It Out: So you’ve done your research but are still torn between a few dentists? The best way to make a final decision is to contact each of them and set up an appointment. You have nothing to lose.
There are plenty of dentist to choose from. You only have one set of teeth so make sure that you do your diligence in finding the right one thats for you!
What Is The Best Age For Braces?
One question that many people, especially parents face is; what is the best age for braces? Get them too early and further treatment might be required later on in life; get them too late and they may need to be worn longer period of time or cause additional problems for the already angst-ridden teenage years.
There’s no universal right answer to this question, but we can draw from our years of experience to provide some advice on factors to consider when deciding the best age for braces.
Hendersonville Dentist Recommends:
We recommend having a child evaluated for braces as early as seven. This does not mean that braces will be applied that early, but it can give you a road map of what future treatment might look like. By age seven, most baby teeth have started to come out and an orthodontist can get a good sense of what the alignment of permanent teeth will look like. In some cases, braces or partial teeth aligners may be applied at this stage if a child is having difficulty talking or eating due to poor teeth alignment.
If your child needs braces at an early age, be prepared to help him or her take care of them. Wearing braces can provide a valuable lesson in self-care, but may require additional intervention until good habits are formed.
Once In A Lifetime Experience.
Today was the Solar Eclipse, where were you viewing the Solar Eclipse? We had planned on having a Solar Eclipse party at our office, but most of our appointments ended up falling a part so most of our staff ended up leaving early to go back to their neck of the woods to view the Solar Eclipse. The last time the U.S. saw a total eclipse was in 1979. How neat was it though that we were in the path of totality?
Where Did You Watch The Eclipse?
So we want to know where you were when you were watching the eclipse. Were you at work with your co-workers, at home with your family, with friends, or did you simply just watch it on TV to play it safe? We were excited to experience this once in a lifetime sighting and we hope you were too. Let us know below what you thought of the Solar Eclipse.
Gum Disease Can Be Painful
Gum disease can be painful and lead to missing teeth if you don’t treat it properly. However, there are plenty of things you can do to lower your risk of getting gingivitis and periodontal disease. Here are five easy ways to prevent gum disease.
Five Ways To Prevent Gum Disease.
- Brush your teeth: Basic oral hygiene is the first line of defense against gum disease. You can remove plaque from your teeth with regular careful brushing, but you can’t remove tartar with your regular toothbrush. So it’s best to brush at least twice a day, or after each meal to continuously remove plaque from your teeth,
- Stop Smoking: Smoking is a major risk factor for gum disease.
- Eat Right: Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, such as citrus fruits, broccoli, and strawberries, for their Vitamin C which is an antioxidant Vitamin E, which is another antioxidant, nuts, plant based oils and wheat germ.
- Visit Hendersonville Family Dentistry regularly: You might not be able to detect gum disease even if you watch for symptoms Dr. Harbin and Dr. Jones can detect signs of gum disease before you do.
- Catch it Early: Gum disease can include sensitivity while brushing your teeth or when eating hot, cold, or sugary foods, painful or bleeding gums and loos teeth. You might also notice you have bad breath for no reason. Make an appointment with our office if you think you may have gum disease.
What Is TMD?
That ache in your head may stem from your jaw. If your jaw falls out of alignment, you could have temporomandibular joint disorder, or TMD.
It’s not clear what causes TMD. Obesity may factor in. Stress and pressure on the jaw may also contribute. A misaligned bite ( where your upper and lower teeth don’t fit together when you close your mouth) may cause TMD symptoms, too.
TMD can affect your life and health by making it painful to eat and hard to sleep. Some people find the nagging pain difficult to bear.
Symptoms of TMD May Include:
- Recurring headaches with no other cause
- Pain along and behind the ears
- Pain in your cheeks or lower face
- Clicking noises when you talk or chew
- Tired or sore jaw muscles after eating
- Limited jaw movement
If you experience the symptoms listed here, make an appointment with our office. We’ll take an X-ray to look at your bite, and determine if TMD could be the culprit.
TMD left untreated headaches and other symptoms can become quite severe. Don’t feel like you have to live in pain, make an appointment with Hendersonville Family Dentistry to learn how we can reduce your pain and restore comfort to your life.
Do You Have Questions About Dental Implants?
If you’re considering getting an implant, you’ll most certainly have questions for Dr. Jones. You might be wondering how a dental implant compares to a real tooth. Let’s look at some of the differences between dental implants and natural teeth.
It should be noted that one of the primary goals of implants dentistry is to try to provide the same form and function as your natural teeth. However, with that in mind, know that an implant is not a tooth. An implant does not decay and does not have dental pulp or periodontal membrane like teeth.
Advantages Of Dental Implant
An implant won’t always work in every case, but they do have some great advantages when they are called for.
- Often last for decades without needing to be replaced
- Create a functional and aesthetically pleasing replacement for your missing tooth.
- Don’t require surrounding teeth for support
- Do no decay like natural teeth
- Can be fixed or removable
- Are able to replace single tooth or multiple teeth.
It’s best to speak with Dr. Harbin and Dr. Jones about your options regarding implants. Let us know what you want to achieve and we’ll work with you as best we can to accomplishment that. Don’t hesitate to contact our office located in Hendersonville, TN for further questions about the procedure.
Memorial Holiday In Hendersonville TN
Whew! I can’t believe that May is already on the tail end of being over. Did it fly by for anyone else, or was it just me? Kids will be out of school by this week, parents are you ready for that? That could only mean one thing, that SUMMER is officially here! With the Memorial Holiday soon arriving we wanted to inform our patients of our upcoming holiday hours. I know for most of you, you know our office is usually open each Saturday. Unfortunately, we will be closed this Saturday-May 27th and Monday Monday 29th in honor of the Memorial Day Holiday. We will reopen on Tuesday-May 30th and resume normal hours beginning at 8:00 am.
Summer Has Arrived!
This Memorial Day we want you to enjoy your weekend with your friends, family and neighbors but please remember what this holiday is all about. Remember those who have passed and who made the ultimate sacrifice for you and I. Make sure you tell one of your local veterans thank you for their service.