Good Oral Hygiene is A Must.
When it comes to keeping your smile looking its best, good oral hygiene is a must. Good oral hygiene should start early and continue throughout your lifetime. Dr. Harbin & Dr. Jones suggest five habits worth adopting that will help keep your teeth happy.
Five Habits Worth Adopting
- Brush and floss regularly. Brush gently twice a day, paying special attention the the gum line to rid your mouth of food that may lurk between teeth. Floss at least once a day.
- Make regular visits to see our team at Hendersonville Family Dentistry. Regular checkups (twice yearly) will help diagnose any dental problems early on when they can be more easily treated.
- Stop smoking! Tobacco, whether in the form of cigarettes, pipes, cigars, or chew-able tobacco increases oral and throat cancer risks.
- Limit alcohol intake. Heavy drinking dramatically increases the risk of developing mouth and throat cancers.
- Eat Healthy, avoid snacking on foods that contain high levels of sugar or starch. We encourage you to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
To learn more about the habits you should practice between your visits to Hendersonville Family Dentistry, or schedule an appointment. Please give us a call today.