Do You Have Questions About Dental Implants?
If you’re considering getting an implant, you’ll most certainly have questions for Dr. Jones. You might be wondering how a dental implant compares to a real tooth. Let’s look at some of the differences between dental implants and natural teeth.
It should be noted that one of the primary goals of implants dentistry is to try to provide the same form and function as your natural teeth. However, with that in mind, know that an implant is not a tooth. An implant does not decay and does not have dental pulp or periodontal membrane like teeth.
Advantages Of Dental Implant
An implant won’t always work in every case, but they do have some great advantages when they are called for.
- Often last for decades without needing to be replaced
- Create a functional and aesthetically pleasing replacement for your missing tooth.
- Don’t require surrounding teeth for support
- Do no decay like natural teeth
- Can be fixed or removable
- Are able to replace single tooth or multiple teeth.
It’s best to speak with Dr. Harbin and Dr. Jones about your options regarding implants. Let us know what you want to achieve and we’ll work with you as best we can to accomplishment that. Don’t hesitate to contact our office located in Hendersonville, TN for further questions about the procedure.