Fluoride Is Important At All Ages.
If you think that fluoride treatments are only important during adolescence, you are probably not alone. In the past, fluoride was used primarily to protect teeth during their initial eruption and development which is why you probably remember fluoride treatments when you visited the dentist as a child. However, fluoride is still important as we age and should not be forgotten about after the age of 18.
One reason that many patients stop receiving fluoride treatments as adults is because they are often no longer covered by their dental insurance companies. We have good news for you! Hendersonville Family Dentistry make fluoride affordable at the cost of only $20.00.
Dentist Discusses Importance of Fluoride.
To help you understand why fluoride is important at all ages, we have listed a variety of scenarios in which adult patients may benefit from regular fluoride treatments
- Do you experience sensitivity? Regular fluoride applications can help eliminate sensitivity.
- Do you have any crowns or bridges? Fluoride can help protect these restorations and eliminate decay around their margins.
- Do you struggle with tooth decay even though you brush and floss as instructed? You may be at an increased risk of decay and need additional protection for your tooth enamel.
- Do you take medications that cause dry mouth? Saliva helps clean your teeth naturally, but a decrease in saliva can increase your risk for tooth decay. Fluoride can help prevent against decay for patients experiencing in dry mouth.
- Do you have braces? Teeth can be harder to clean during orthodontic treatment, putting you at an increased risk of developing cavities. Fluoride can help strengthen your teeth and prevent decay with your braces.