Gum Disease Is An Infection.
Gum disease is an infection of the tissues that surround and support your teeth. It’s a major cause of tooth loss in adults. Gum disease is usually painless, you may not know you have it. Also referred to as periodontal disease, gum disease is caused by plaque, the sticky film of bacteria that is constantly forming on our teeth.
Warning Signs That Can Signal A Problem
- gums that bleed
- red, swollen, tender gums
- gums that have pulled away from the teeth
- persistent bad breath or bad taste
- persistent teeth that are loose or separating
- any change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
- any change in the fit of partial dentures
Please see our team at Hendersonville Family Dentistry if you suspect you have gum disease because the sooner you treat it the better. The early stage of gum disease is called gingivitis. If you have gingivitis, your gums may become red, swollen and bleed easily.
Call our office to schedule your appointment 615-822-8262