Oral Cancer Awareness Month
April is Oral Cancer Awareness month. Oral cancer collectively kills nearly one person every hour of every day of the year. Only about 60% of the people newly diagnosed will love longer than 5 years. Moreover many who do survive suffer long-term problems such as facial disfigurement or difficulties eating and speaking. The death rate associated with oral cancer remains particularly high due to the cancer being routinely discovered late in its development.
Hendersonville Dentist Wants to Help
Dr. Harbin and the entire team at Hendersonville Family Dentistry want to bring awareness to this cancer. For the month of April schedule an appointment and receive a FREE Oral Cancer Screening. This doesn’t require a lot of time or energy to do, but it may help in aiding your risk with Oral Cancer. Schedule your appointment today! Call our office at 615-822-8262
Be aware of the following signs or symptoms:
- soreness or irritation that doesn’t go away.
- red or white patches, pain or tenderness or numbness in mouth or lips.
- lumps, thickening tissues, rough spots, crusty or eroded areas.
- difficulty chewing, swallowing, speaking, or moving your jaw or tongue
- a change in the way your teeth fit together when you close your mouth.