Why Do We Celebrate President’s Day?
George Washington’s Birthday is United States federal holiday that is celebrated the third Monday in February in honor of George Washington. He was the first president of the United States born on February 22, 1732.
Hendersonville Family Dentistry is Open
Today might be a holiday for some and students are out of school, but our office is open today. If you have been needing to get into our office for a dental cleaning, or dental work, or needing to get your child into our office today is the perfect day to do just that. We are accepting same day appointments so call today and schedule your appointment. Our office looks forward to seeing you soon!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day is a time to celebrate love and spend quality hours with the people you care about the most. Whether you’re in a relationship or single, take some time today to appreciate those you love in your life.
Idea’s To Celebrate Valentines Day This Year
- Enjoy a tasty treat. There are plenty of options when it comes to cooking and/or baking on Valentine’s Day. Make your significant other his or her favorite meal or sweet treat, or make your own favorite dish to enjoy on this day. Oh, and be sure to make enough for leftovers!
- Make a personalized card. Instead of buying a card from the grocery store, take the time to make your own for a loved one. People love handwritten notes, especially when it’s from someone special. If you’re single this Valentine’s Day, make a card for fellow single friend to brighten the day and remind the person that he or she is also loved.
- Watch a movie. We all know there are plenty of romance movies out there. Put on your favorite romantic comedy, or pick up your significant other’s favorite movie to watch together. Even better, if you’re single, pick up your own favorite movies to watch to pass the time this Valentine’s Day.
- Do nothing! We all know Valentine’s Day can sometimes get a lot of hype. If you’re worried about not making a reservation in time, don’t feel like planning an extravagant night out, or simply not in the holiday mood this year, spend your day sitting back and relaxing.
From Hendersonville Family Dentistry, we wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Be Prepared For A Dental Emergency.
Dental emergencies are bound to come up when you have young children. Dr. Harbin and our team at Hendersonville Family Dentistry want you to be prepared in case you run into a difficult situation. Problems may vary, from minor gum irritation to knock-out-teeth. Take a look at the different possibilites and how you can handle them.
Dental Emergency Vs. Not Dental Emergency.
Teething pain is as normal as your child’s first set of teeth falling out. On the other hand, if a baby tooth is knocked out in a forceful accident, make sure you bring him or her into Hendersonville Family Dentistry to check that other damage hasn’t occurred in the mouth. On occasion, permanent teeth may grow in before baby teeth have fallen out. This may not cause any discomfort, but Dr. Harbin and Dr. Jones should make sure the teeth are growing in properly. Catching teeth that are coming in incorrectly can prevent issues from arising into adult hood.
If your child is suffering from bleeding gums, rinse your child’s mouth with warm salt water and apply light pressure to the area. If you become concerned about the amount of blood, contact our office and we will schedule an appointment for your little one as soon as possible.
Don’t forget as a parent you provide the best education to your children on the importance of proper oral hygiene by setting a good example.
Tooth Decay Is Preventable.
Good news! Yes, in fact, tooth decay is preventable. Decay, which is caused by sugars left in your child’s mouth, can turn into an acid which in turn can break down his or her teeth. Children are at high risk for tooth decay for a simple reason: many children and adolescents tend to be lax in their oral hygiene habits.
How To Prevent Tooth Decay.
- Start early: After the age of two, brush your child’s teeth with fluoride toothpaste twice a day. And, if possible, clean between the teeth with dental floss at least once a day, preferably before they go to bed.
- Don’t allow your little ones to eat after cleaning teeth at bedtime, as salivary flow decreases while they sleep and their teeth become vulnerable to cavities.
- Do not allow your little ones to nibble food or sip drinks continuously, and keep in mind that a low sugar diet also helps keep tooth decay at bay. Allow time between meals for saliva to neutralize acids and repair teeth.
- Drinking water frequently throughout the day can also reduce the possibility of new cavities forming.
- Dental Sealants can also protect your child’s teeth from cavities. Sealants, which are applied to chewing surfaces of molars, act as a shield between the tooth and harmful bacteria.
Finally make sure your child visits Hendersonville Family Dentistry approximately every six months for checkup and routine cleaning.
Hendersonville Dentist Talks Snow
It’s January 16, 2018 and we are getting pounded with another round of snow. Last Friday we had to close the practice due to icy and snow conditions. Today we are getting another round of just snow thankfully. Most of our patients yesterday called to cancel or reschedule their appointments due to the threat of the weather.
When it snows do you brave it and get out in the weather or do you stay inside where it’s warm. I know most of my staff is from other parts other than Hendersonville, so we all like to see who has the most snow in their area. Those that live in the Cottontown or Portland area usually always beat everyone else.
Our Office Is Open
Our office will be open today, so if you do have a dental appointment with us as of right now we are going to be open. Please call before you brave the weather to ensure that we are still open. Please keep an eye on our Facebook or Instagram to make sure we aren’t closing early or any other issues that may arise.
Enjoy your snow day if you are staying in, and be safe if you are driving into work today.
Will My Child Catch Hand Foot & Mouth Disease.
Hand foot and mouth disease, or HFMD, is a type of contagious viral illness that causes rash in the mouth and on the hands and feet of infants and young children, and , while rare, adults. Characterized by sores in the mouth and a rash on the hands and feet, hand-foot-and-mouth disease is most commonly caused by a bacterium that lives in the human digestive tract. HFMD can spread from person to person, typically via unwashed hands.
How Can My Child Prevent HFMD
There is no known vaccine to defend our child against HFMD. However, the risk of your child contracting the disease can reduced by:
Making sure your child washes his or her hands often.
Throughly cleaning objects and surfaces.
Making sure your child avoids close contact with those who are infected.
To learn more about hand-foot-mouth disease or to schedule an appointment for your child, please give our office Hendersonville Family Dentistry a call.
Hendersonville Dentist Resolution’s.
Goodbye 2017 hello 2018, new year and new goals! What are some of your New Year’s Resolutions that you made this year? Let’s list some of the obvious ones people do each year.
- Loose Weight
- Quit Smoking
- Join a Gym
- Drink Less
- Make New Friends
- Join a Church
- Put God First
- Eat Healthier
And the list could go on and on! Does anyone ever think of putting their Oral Health as a resolution? No, why is that? People HATE coming to the dentist we hear it every single day. What you may not know is that most health related issues always start in your mouth. So if you aren’t taking care of your oral health you aren’t doing your body any good!
Go To The Dentist Should Be Your Resolution.
So the list you are making for your New Year’s Resolution how about..
- Finding a Dental Home
- Go To the Dentist
- Schedule a Dental Appointment
- Take my Oral Health Seriously
- See the Dentist twice a year
- Avoid Dental complications by joining Hendersonville Family Dentistry
We are accepting new patients for 2018! Call us to schedule your appointment today!
Holiday Hours in Hendersonville, TN.
Christmas is a week from today! Are you getting excited? Have you finished your Christmas shopping? Everyone at work is getting excited about having some much needed time off to spend time with their friends & family! With that being said we want to inform you of our holiday hours.
We will be closed the following days:
Saturday-December 22, 2017
Monday -December 25, 2017
Tuesday-December 26, 2017.
Merry Christmas from Hendersonville Dentist
We hope that you enjoy your time with your friends and family this holiday season. We will resume normal office hours on Wednesday- December 27th at 8:00 am. If you are still needing to get into our office before the end of the year, please call and make your scheduled appointment. Appointments are going quickly!
How To Choose The Best Dentist?
In the Hendersonville area there are many qualified dentist to serve the city and it’s many neighborhood’s. With so many options to choose from, how do you choose the best dentist for your dental needs?
Tips For Choosing The Best Dentist For You.
- Set Priorities: What are your must-haves and what might you be willing to compromise on? Things to consider include:
Proximity: How far do you want to travel to see the dentist? Will you have to sit in traffic to get to and form?
Office Size: Large and small practices each have their benefits and drawbacks.
Dental History: Do you have a specific dental issue?
Scheduling: Find providers that meet your scheduled.
- Reviews Matter: Make sure to read online reviews for the dentists you are considering, but remember that they only tell part of the story.
- Insurance & Payment Options: Does the dentist you are thinking of choosing accept your dental insurance? This is also a good opportunity to ask about payment options.
- Try It Out: So you’ve done your research but are still torn between a few dentists? The best way to make a final decision is to contact each of them and set up an appointment. You have nothing to lose.
There are plenty of dentist to choose from. You only have one set of teeth so make sure that you do your diligence in finding the right one thats for you!